How to book train ticket in India online – Traveling by train in India is an affordable way to explore this beautiful country. It’s also a great option for those looking to save money on airfare.
Without any further delay, let’s jump directly to the topic – How can you book train ticket online easily ?
Well, we would recommend, you should book train tickets directly on IRCTC official website.
It’s easy & simple !
Also, the information provided on the IRCTC website would be genuine,latest and updated.
All you need to do is to create a account on IRCTC website. ( If you already have a account then avoid this and just login directly. )
How to book train ticket in India online on IRCTC official website
- Head over to IRCTC official website.
- Create a new account by clicking on Register tab as shown in the picture below. ( If you already have a account just log in )
3. Once you are logged in, you’ll see a book ticket tab. Just enter the asked details like From Station,To Station, Date, Class etc.
4. After filling all the details, you’ll be shown all the available trains on the asked route on the given date.
5. You can choose any train you wish to travel by. Also, choose journey class, available seats, can check timing etc.
6. By scrolling down, you can explore more options of available trains. Once you decide the train just click on Book Now option.
7. After that you’ll be redirected to the page where you can add you name, age & can also add other passengers and their details.
8. After paying, ticket will be booked and sent to your email address.
You can follow the same steps if you wish to book your train ticket from your smartphone after installing the IRCTC official app.
Before you book your ticket we would highly recommend you to know the difference between different tickets, different classes and some other points to keep in mind before planning your journey.
Check out these following tips to plan your journey…
Choose the right ticket type
There are two main types of tickets available when traveling by train in India : sleeper class ticket and chair class ticket. Sleeper class is the cheapest options, while chair cars offers more comfort.
If you are planning to visit multiple cities, considering buying a rail pass. This will allow you to travel between cities without having to purchase individual tickets.
Know about the different classes available
Sleeper class is the least expensive ticket type. You can also choose from four different classes of seating: 1A,2A,3A and 4A.
Each class has its own advantages and disadvantages. A seat in 1A class is usually less comfortable than a seat in 2A class. However, seats in 1A class are cheaper than those in 2A class.
Find out how much it will cost
You can find out the approximate price of your ticket by checking the fare chart available on the website of the railway. However, there are certain discounts offered by the railway during peak seasons.
Compare prices before bookings
If you are planning to book tickets online, make sure you compare the fares offered by different trains as different trains take different routes hence, take different time to reach destined location.
This will help you save money while traveling. Also, check whether the trains you wish to board usually running on time or not, in order to avoid traveling hassles.
Plan ahead to avoid last minute rush
If you are planning to book tickets online, make sure to check the availability of trains before booking.
It is recommended to book tickets at least two weeks prior to departure date. Also, keep in mind that some trains do not allow reservations to be made more than one month in advance.