- New update of Snapchat allows users to change their username without having to change their phone number.
- The thing to keep in mind is, user can change username only once a year. And once a username gone, it’s gone for forever and for everyone including you.
- Although, display name can be changed anytime with ease. And you do so by going to the NAME option.
Snapchat has been one of the most popular social media apps since its inception. However, many users have found this difficult to change their username on the app. Although, few changes made by snapchat recently give this power to users to change and get their new desired username. In this article, we’ll show you how to change your snapchat username.
Recently, a new update made it easier to change username without having to change phone number or creating a new account. You can do so by following few steps. Read On !
“Disclaimer : Before you change your username just remember one thing, once you change your username, you won’t be able to get it back. And not just you, nobody will be in a situation to get the same username back. What does it mean ? Well, it simply means once a username gone, it’s gone ! And it’s gone for everyone ! And if you wish to change your username again , you’ll have to wait for one year.”
Now, if you have made up your mind to change your username so just update your Snapchat app and follow the steps given below.
How to change Snapchat Username on Android & iOS
- After updating your Snapchat app, just open it. On your top left corner, you’ll see your profile icon, just tap on that.
- Once your profile page is opened, on top right corner there will be a setting icon. Click on that setting icon.
- You’ll be taken to the setting page. You can find there “USERNAME” option just right below the “NAME” option.
- Once you click on username option, you’ll get to see “CHANGE USERNAME” option. Just click on that.
- The moment you click on that, you’ll see a disclaimer by snapchat which says you can change your username only once a year. And once your username is gone, nobody can claim it. That’s exactly what we told you earlier in this article.
- To change your username click on “CONTINUE”. Type in your desired username, and if it’s available, you’ll see the green tick mark on the right side.
- Click on the “NEXT” Tap. You’ll be asked to enter password then.
- And again Snapchat will sensitize you that you won’t be able to change your username before one year.
- Just click on the “CONFIRM” button and you are pretty much done !
What’s the difference between Username and Display name
Now, if you are confused between username and display name, let us tell you the difference between these two in the simplest way. Display name, as it tells itself, is the name which is displayed to the users in the conversation window.
Not only you can change your display name but the users on their end can also choose to change your name and keep it as they want your name to be displayed in their conversation window.
Username is one unique name which is different for everyone and two users can’t get the exact same username. It’s your unique address which user can use to find your account.
And if you wish to change your username, we have already told you the ways to change your username at the beginning of this article.
Also Read : How to check who visited my profile on Instagram
People Also Asked
Q. How to change snapchat theme ?
A. In snapchat app, click on your Bitmoji / Profile icon on the top left corner. You’ll see a Setting icon on the top right. Just click on the setting icon. You’ll see a lot of options. Scroll down a bit until you find ‘App Appearance’ option. Click on this option. You’ll be asked to choose a option – Match System, Always light and Always dark. Choose according to your choice.
Q. How to change Snapchat Password ?
A. To change snapchat password, you need to follow the same steps as mentioned above. Click on you profile icon and head over to setting. In setting, you’ll see a section of password, click on that. You’ll be asked to enter your current password. After entering your current password click continue. Now, you can set your new password.
Q. How to change Snapchat profile picture ?
A. You need to tap on your profile icon on top left corner. Now, click on your Snapcode, next to your display name & username. Tap on change selfie. Choose & tap done.
Q. How to change snapchat Cameo ?
A. Click on you profile icon followed by setting icon. You’ll get to see a option of cameos. Just click on the Cameos option > create cameos selfie. You’ll be asked to take a selfie. And you’re done.
Q. How to enable dark mode in Snapchat ?
A. You can read the same method as mentioned in the first question about changing the theme of the snapchat.